You can upgrade to macOS Sierra from OS X Lion or later on any of the following Mac models. Your Mac also needs at least 2GB of memory and 8.8GB of available storage space.
MacBook introduced in late 2009 or later
MacBook Air introduced in late 2010 or later
MacBook Pro introduced in mid 2010 or later
Mac mini introduced in mid 2010 or later
iMac introduced in late 2009 or later
Mac Pro introduced in mid 2010 or later
If you can any previous version of macOS installed on your mac (Sierra, High Sierra or any other) click on 'Update for any previous macOS' to download the appropriate file for you. This guide will show you the steps to install Sierra on a AMD Ryzen PC using a VMWare Virtual Machine. I’m making this guide for those who don’t have access to a Mac and need macOS to either try out for a bit or create a macOS boot loader installer for a AMD hackintosh build. There is another VMWare Sierra guide on this site, but with AMD system a modified VMWare image is required to even.
To find your Mac model, memory, storage space, and macOS version, choose About This Mac from the Apple menu . If your Mac isn't compatible with macOS Sierra, the installer will let you know.
Before installing any upgrade, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac. Time Machine makes it simple, and other backup methods are also available. Learn how to back up your Mac.
It takes time to download and install macOS, so make sure that you have a reliable Internet connection. If you're using a Mac notebook computer, plug it into AC power.
For the strongest security and latest features, find out whether you can upgrade to macOS Catalina, the latest version of the Mac operating system.
If you still need macOS Sierra, use this link: Download macOS Sierra. A file named InstallOS.dmg will download to your Mac.
Double-click the downloaded file to open a window showing its contents. Then double-click the file within, named InstallOS.pkg.
Follow the onscreen instructions, which will guide you through the steps necessary to install.
After installation of the installer is complete, open the Applications folder on your Mac, then double-click the file named Install macOS Sierra.
Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions. You might find it easiest to begin installation in the evening so that it can complete overnight, if needed.
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart, show a progress bar, or show a blank screen several times as it installs both macOS and related updates to your Mac firmware.
Download and Install macOS Sierra On VMware on Winodws: Apple has just announced the latest Mac operating system which is “macOS Sierra 10.12.” This is the new version of Mac operating system now. Now I will try to tell you in very simple words and method about Install macOS Sierra On VMware that you enjoy reading and get something from this article.
It’s time to get started on how to install mac os sierra on vmware. Just follow the step by step guide down below.
First, you must download the macOS Sierra VMware image file then you have to extract it via WinRAR or 7zip. To extract the file, simply right-click on the file then choose “Extract Here“. It’ll take some minutes to extract so wait for a while, before moving to the next step.
Download VMware Workstation or Player. Once you have downloaded the VMware workstation, then Install it on your Windows PC. To install VMware, just click on the setup then hit “Next” and next. Finally, click “Finished”. If you have installed already, then that’s okay.
To install Patch tools, you should download it first. Open “Patch Tool” folder then navigate to” win-install” and “Run as Administrator”. This will install the patch file in the VMware for macOS Sierra and older versions.
1. Now open VMware and click on “File>New Virtual Machine” (Ctrl+N) then select “Typical” (Recommended) and click “Next.” Choose “I will install the operating system later” and click “Next“.
2. Now select “Apple Mac OS X” from operating system list then select OS 10.12 from version and click “Next“. Name the virtual machine “macOS Sierra” then browse a location to install the VMK files and click “Next”.
3. Don’t specify the disk space just select “Store virtual disk as a single file” and click “Next.” Becuase we don’t need this; we will remove it later. The VMX file for macOS Sierra has been created, so go ahead and click “Finish“.
Click Next and then Click Finish
1. Open the macOS Sierra VM window then click on “Edit virtual machine settings”.
Edit virtual machine settings
Note: Don’t run the Virtual Machine before the editing steps finished successfully. Because it may create problems for you in further steps.
2. Increase the RAM or memory from 2 GB to “4 GB” of Ram memory.
3. Increase the CPU processor core from 2 cores to 4 cores.
4. Now select the hard disk and click “Remove“.
5. When the previous hard drive removed then click “Add” then select “Hard Disk” and click “Next.”
Select Hard Disk and Click Next
6. Select the “SATA (Recommended)” virtual disk type and click “Next”.
Select SATA (Recommended) and Click Next
7. Now select “Use an existing virtual disk” then click “Next”.
8. Click “Browse” and choose the VMDK file from the extracted folder(Step 1), that downloaded macOS Sierra virtual machine(VM) image and click “Finish“.
1. Now navigate to macOS Sierra virtual machine files that you browsed and located in step 4. Then navigate to the VMware virtual machine(VMX) and open it with “Notepad“.
Open with Notepad
2. Scroll down to the end and type (
smc.version = “0”) then press Ctrl+S to save it.
smc . version = “0”
Open the macOS Sierra VM window then click “Power on this virtual machine“. When you played the VM, then it should take you to the next step setting up macOS Sierra on VMware. If no then you may miss any step or fail in any step, comment below and we will try our best for you.
Now, Install macOS Sierra on VMware and enjoy using the new Mac operating system of Apple. I’m not going into details because we have the article that shows the complete step by step guide to perform a clean installation of macOS Sierra 10.12.
After performing a clean installation and Set upping your macOS Sierra then you should see your final result that, macOS Sierra has successfully installed on VMware.