Used with the OpenVPN Connect client on iOS or Android described in Installing the OpenVPN Client on iOS. Usable by any standard OpenVPN client on platforms such as Windows, OS X, or BSD/Linux. It also works well with Tunnelblick on OS X, simply download the inline config and drag it into the configurations folder for Tunnelblick. This guide will show you how to connect to a VPN using the popular OpenVPN protocol and Tunnelblick app on MAC OS X. NOTE.: Place any.crt or.pem files in t.
Setup OpenVPN client on Mac OS X. Download TunnelBlick: Tunnelblick is an Open Source software tools that creates an SSL VPN to our servers. Please download the Tunnelblick image from the link below. Download TunnelBlick. Download Configuration files. Go to Client Area – Packages – click on your package’s name. Scroll down, find “OpenVPN config files” line and press on “Download for all. Download the OpenVPN Client for Mac in addition to the user certificatesTake note of the directory/folder you save these files to. Download and install the OpenVPN client software for Mac OS X from the Google Code. Click on the Download Tunnelbrick link. Click on the latest Tunnelbrick.dmg image to begin the download. OpenVPN Connect is the free and full-featured VPN Client that is developed in-house. It is the official Client for all our VPN solutions. Any other OpenVPN protocol compatible Server will work with it too. Our desktop client software is directly distributed from our Access Server User portal. Click your client.
1.Download and install Tunnelblick - OpenVPN client for Mac.
Download the latest version of Tunnelblick for Mac OS X here.
2. Open the downloaded .dmg file by double-clicking it:
3.Double-click on the Tunnelblick icon:
6. Select 'I have configuration files':
7.Select and download the BoxPNOpenVPN protocol configurations files from here
8. To add the OpenVPN file to Tunnelblick simply right-click on the file, and select 'Open With' > 'Tunnelblick'
9. Select 'Only Me'
10. Enter your mac username and password and click 'OK'
11. Click on Tunnelblick icon and select your connection
12.Enter the following and click 'OK'
Username: Enter your BoxPN username
Password: Enter your BoxPN password
Once your connection is successful you will see the following window appear:
All of your online activities are now 100% secure and anonymous while connected to BoxPN.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your
Mac device to connect to the BoxPN VPN servers - please contactour Support Team anytime.
The following guide outlines the steps necessary to install & configure BoxPN using OpenVPN on your Mac OS X computer using the Viscosity client:
1. Download Viscosity here. (Please note that Mac OS 10.7 or later is required). Please be advised that a paid subscription to Viscosity is required after 30 days.
2. Select and download the BoxPN OpenVPN protocol configurations files fromhttps://boxpn.com/account/server-info.You may select only certain servers / locations to you wish to connect to, or all servers / locations that we offer, upon completing your configuration file selection; download the files to your computer.
3.To begin installation of OpenVPN for Mac OS; navigate to your Downloads folder and double click the Viscosity disc image (.dmg) file you just downloaded.
4. A new window will open asking you to drag the Viscosity icon inside the Applications folder in order to install the software. Select and drag the Viscosity icon to the Applications folder by holding your left mouse button down, and release it once the icon has been added to the Applications folder.
5. An installation dialogue window will appear called “Viscosity Helper Tool Installation”. Click 'Install' to begin installing.
8.Click the Viscosity icon located on your menu bar near the top right corner of the screen and choose 'Preferences'.
9.In the newly opened window; click the '+' sign at the bottom right corner and choose Import Connection -> From File. Another window appears in which you should choose config folder which was downloaded in Step 2 and click “Open”.
10.A success dialogue window should appear saying that connection/s were imported successfully and you should already see connections in the background. Click “OK” and close the window.
11.Click the Viscosity icon located on your menu bar near the top right corner of the screen, you should see a list of servers in a dropdown menu. Choose a server to connect to click on it once.
12.Shortly after connecting; a success message should appear near the top right corner of the screen stating your are connected to the desired server.
If you have any questions, or experience any issues while installing and setting up your PC to connect to the BoxPN VPN servers; please contact our Support Team anytime.