Knowing how to move files from Samsung to Mac can come handy if you’re a Mac user but with a Samsung Galaxy device. A lot of Mac owners ask us for a way to easily transfer their data from their Android to their computer so here it is. We hope you’ll find this helpful.
Move files from Samsung to Mac Method 1: Use Android File Transfer
The easiest way to move files from Samsung to Mac is by using Android File Transfer application. This is a special program that you must install on your Mac in order for it to have the right drivers to communicate with your Samsung Galaxy device. To get started, follow the steps below:
Part 1: Download Samsung Smart Switch for Mac At a day and age when we are heavily dependent on technology, Samsung Smart Switch Mac is one such software that endeavors to make our lives a little simpler. People these days tend to change their existing phones at a very rapid pace, but there seems to be only one problem. How to use Smart Switch for to transfer files from Samsung to Mac OS The easiest way to ensure that your Mac recognizes your Galaxy S7 is by using the Samsung Smart Switch application.
- Download Android File Transfer on your Mac.
- Open AndroidFileTransfer.dmg file.
- Drag Android File Transfer to Applications.
- Use the USB cable that came with your Android device and connect it to your Mac.
- Double click Android File Transfer.
- Browse the files and folders on your Android device and copy files.
- Once Android File Transfer has been successfully installed, connect your Samsung Galaxy device to your Mac using USB cable.
- Click Get started.
- Navigate through the directory to find the files you want on your Mac.
- Find the exact file and drag it to the desktop or your preferred folder.
- Open your file. You can only do this when its on the Mac.
- On your Samsung Galaxy device, make sure that you allow access to phone data when prompted. Then, pull down the status bar, tap USB for File transfer, and select Transferring files under Use USB for.
Once you’ve done all the steps above, you can now begin using your Galaxy device like a regular external hard drive that’s connected to your Mac. You can now start moving files between the two devices.
Move files from Samsung to Mac Method 2: Use Smart Switch
Another good way to move files from Samsung to Mac is by using Smart Switch. This is an official application built by Samsung to make it convenient to transfer photos, contacts, messages, and more between devices.
Samsung Smart Switch Download Microsoft Store
Before you try to use Smart Switch to move files from Samsung to Mac, you want to make sure that your computer is compatible. These are the minimum system requirements that must be met on your Mac:
- Operating System: Mac OS X® 10.6 or later.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or higher.
- RAM: 1GB or higher.
- Screen resolution: 1280 x 800.
- Android file transfer application installed on your computer.
If your Mac is compatible and met all the specified requirements above, follow these steps to install Smart Switch and transfer your data to your computer:
- Install Smart Switch on your Mac.
- After installing Smart Switch, connect your phone to your computer using USB cable.
- Make sure allow your Mac to access data on your Samsung Galaxy. You may need to unlock the connected phone, and then select USB file transfer to transfer files via USB.
- Open Smart Switch on your Mac.
- Select Backup.
- Wait for your Mac to finish creating a backup. This may take several minutes depending on the amount of data being moved.
- Once the screen shows that your backup has been created, select OK.
How to access folder of your backup
Unless you intentionally changed it, your Mac should save your backup in a default location. For Macs, this is usually where Samsung Smart Switch backup are stored:
Note: To quickly access the AppData folder, select Start. In the search bar, type appdata and press the Enter key.
Move files from Samsung to Mac Method 3: Use third party apps
Samsung Smart Switch Download Macbook
If, for some reason, you don’t want the first two methods above in moving your files to your Mac, the other option would be to use third party apps. There are many applications that claim to work better in doing the job but frankly, we don’t recommend them. We haven’t actually used one yet and we can’t confirm if they are safe to use. If you want to take the risks and find out yourself, simply use Google to look for them. We have no idea how such applications behave after you install them on your computer so there’s always the chance of putting your Mac’s security and data at some degree of risk.
As much as possible, we suggest that you stick with the first two methods as they have proven to be reliable and safe for years now.
Samsung Smart Switch 220.127.116.1162_1 LATEST
Mac OS X 10.9 or later
Author / Product:
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. / Samsung Smart Switch for Mac
Samsung Smart Switch for Mac 2020 full offline installer setup for Mac
Samsung Smart Switch Download Mac Os
Samsung Smart Switch for Mac is an easy-to-use tool for transferring content from other smartphones to Samsung mobile devices. The app seamlessly transfers contacts, photos, music, videos, messages, notes, calendars and more to virtually any Samsung Galaxy device. Enjoy!
Seamless, Time-saving Content Transfer
Other content transfer tools are time consuming. The app offers a simple, do-it-yourself migration tool that you can install at home. With Smart Switch for macOS, you can transfer your personal data, media and apps with one service, without having to use multiple tools.
With Smart Switch’s easy-to-use, intuitive content transfer tool, you have the freedom to switch from other smartphone platforms without fear of losing your personal content. You can transfer personal content and apps from the comfort of your own home and at your own time.
Maintain Control of Your Lifestyle
Most people are unaware of the universe of apps available on Samsung smartphones. For example, there are more than 700,000 apps available on Google Play. Within this large universe of apps, the tool helps you find your favorite apps so that you do not have to search for them individually. The app gives you the peace of mind that your apps have been transferred.
Free Content Transfer Service, Easy Download
Just Download, Click and Go: the app is up and running in seconds, allowing you to transfer content easily and with no cost or fees.
Upgrade your Samsung Galaxy phone with fast and easy content transfer
SmartSwitch Mobile offers you the easiest, fastest and safest way to transfer data from your old to new Galaxy smartphone. You can transfer content such as music, video, photos, memos, messages, contacts, calendar and other documents stored in your phone.
Also Available: Download Samsung Smart Switch for Windows